News from the SA community sectorSubmitted by KatieH on Thu, 03/29/2012 - 15:01
Workshops and events are slowing down this month as people get ready to take a well earned break over Christmas. There's a great course happening in January, so make sure you register early.
- CBB Community Development Grants – close Friday 2 December
- International Volunteers Day - Monday 5 December
- New Accounting Standards for not for profits seeking government funding. Visit Not-for-Profit Accounting Specialists (NFPAS) to view the Implementation Manual for the new standards.
- Northern Volunteering SA Inc - 4 day hands on approach to working with volunteers. Tuesday 31 January, Wednesday 1 February, Tuesday 21 February, Wednesday 22 February 2012. Contact 8250 1582 or email@example.com for more information and to register. RSVP by 24 January 2012. Limited places available.
Congratulations to the following South Australian organisations for receiving funding in the 2011 Community Heritage Grants:
- Charles Sturt Memorial Museum Trust Inc.
- History Trust of South Australia (History SA)
- National Trust of South Australia (Collingrove Homestead)
- Nora Heysen Foundation Inc.
- Port Adelaide Enfield Public Library Service
- South Australian Police History Inc.
- Whyalla Public Library