Welcome to SAcommunity, a database of South Australian community services. It includes information about government, non-government, community based and some private sector organisations that provide services for the South Australian community in the areas of health, welfare, housing, education, community participation, information, legal services, arts and recreation.
Community members can add and maintain their organisation listing by registering on SAcommunity. We welcome comments and advice from SAcommunity users on information that has changed. This helps us to keep the information current. Please use the Leave a correction button at the top of each organisation listing.
SAcommunity includes organisations that meet all of the following criteria:
- provide, directly to the public or in a support or coordination role, services that help people living in South Australia to meet their basic needs and rights, or provide opportunities to participate in society
- provide services at state, regional or local level
- operate on a charitable or not-for-profit basis, or are subsidised by government, or provide services on behalf of government, or operate in the private sector providing services that are similar to those helping services provided by charitable, not-for-profit, government subsidised and government services
- have regular hours of operation, a reliable contact source and an accountable management structure
- are established organisations, or projects or programs with funding for at least 6 months
Funding & partnerships
SAcommunity is provided by Connecting Up (formerly Community Information Strategies Australia Inc., CISA), a not-for-profit, non-government organisation. We work to support the nonprofit sector throughout Australia. We receive an operating grant from Arts SA to provide community information services, support and training for the South Australian community.
Information about state, regional and local services is collected and maintained by Connecting Up Inc. in collaboration with local government and specialist community information services. This forms a comprehensive community information resource for the state. The following local government and specialist information services contribute information to the database:
- Adelaide Hills
- Charles Sturt
- Clare & Gilbert Valleys
- Lower Eyre Peninsula
- Loxton Waikerie
- Mount Barker
- Mount Gambier
- Murray Bridge
- Norwood Payneham & St Peters
- Port Adelaide Enfield
- Port Augusta
- Port Lincoln
- Port Pirie
- Seniors Information Service Inc.
- Victor Harbor
- West Torrens
Connecting Up is an independent organisation. We reserve the right to exclude organisations that we believe do not meet the criteria above.
Connecting Up and other information providers who contribute to SAcommunity endeavour to maintain a high standard of accuracy of information. However, all contributors rely on information provided by the organisations included and therefore cannot guarantee accuracy at all times. Inclusion of information relating to suppliers of services or products does not constitute a recommendation and users should therefore take all normal precautions.